Disability Services

Columbia College Hollywood is committed to responding to all eligible student requests for reasonable accommodations that can be provided without undue hardship to the college. If a student makes a disability or special need known to the college, requests accommodations, and provides official documentation to support the need for accommodations, the Student Services Department will determine reasonable modifications or accommodations. This process is an interactive and collaborative process that requires the direct involvement of the Student Services Department staff.

All students are personally financially responsible for outside medical visits, fees, and processes associated with obtaining proper documentation. Columbia College Hollywood cannot assist prospective or current students to obtain outside documentation.

The student must, once approved, request accommodations in each instance that they are needed. For example, the student must provide a purchased copy of a text in order to have it converted to an alternative format. For testing accommodations, the student must provide the Student Services Department with the dates and times of exams and may be required to participate in the arrangements for such accommodations. The college is not responsible for knowing a student’s schedule or arranging accommodations without some form of initiation from the student.

To request disability services or accommodations for special needs, contact the Section 504/ADA Coordinator:

Jessica Johnson-Mills
Student Success and ADA Advisor
Columbia College Hollywood
18618 Oxnard Street
Los Angeles, CA 91356

Any person who believes that they have suffered discrimination or harassment (including peer harassment) based upon an actual or perceived disability while at the college or while participating in any of the college’s programs or activities should follow the Section 504/ADA Grievance Procedure in the link below:

Section 504 Disability Grievance Procedure

Columbia College Hollywood encourages any persons with questions about the college’s compliance with disability laws to contact the Section 504/ADA Coordinator listed above.  More information about federal disability laws can be found on the website for the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/index.html.