Columbia College Hollywood has two libraries: a physical (“brick and mortar”) library with more than 3,000 volumes and films on DVD and BluRay, and a virtual library with over 30,000 eBooks and numerous databases.
The 5,000 square-foot facility houses a rapidly-growing collection of thousands of books not just on film, television and related arts, but great literature as well as popular fiction in all genres. In addition, we have hundreds of films, documentaries and television programs on DVD, as well as from downloadable cloud services. We also have the ability to order any film needed for research and have it delivered no later than the next day.
- The library houses more than 100 periodicals on both general interest and arts-related subjects, including the daily Hollywood trade papers.
- Our stacks hold an extensive collection of mainstream, independent and international film scripts, both classic and contemporary, as well many television scripts in both comedy and drama.
- Our computer lab stations are equipped with screenwriting and motion picture budgeting software; students are provided with free, unlimited, high-speed Internet access through the college computers, and wireless access is available for laptops and hand-held devices throughout the campus.
- The library is home to a private conference room where students can meet to work collaboratively on projects. In addition, the Library contains a private screening room available for student use.
- The librarian and library assistants are available to provide help with research and information technology research.
- Columbia College Hollywood’s virtual library contains access to thousands of eBooks, as well as the school’s impressive collection of databases (listed below), which are available to all students and faculty.
- More than 2,000 slides of works of art from all over the world
- The Grammy Foundation gift of more than 700 classical audio compact discs
- Entertainment business training videos, including the Filmmaker’s Focus Collection, Writers Guild of America Great Writers Seminars, as well as other filmmaking seminars
- The Stanley Kubrick Archives by Alison Castle
- Hollywood Camera Work 2009 DVD Collection
- The Academy Award® short film and animation collections
- Entertainment Partners 2010 Paymaster
- Vittorio Storaro’s book trilogy: Writing With Light plus the DVD
- Numerous resource books on film and TV industry contacts
- 2010 LA411 Guide to Hollywood
- The Chaplin Collection (DVD set)
Columbia College Hollywood Library Database
Columbia College Hollywood Digital Library Guide
LIRN - Library and Information Resources Network (Consortium)
Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Variety Insight Flix Tracker
Hours and Staff
Cherice Hall, MLIS