Acting is the physical embodiment of storytelling - the art of human reality. Actors must go beyond mimicking real emotions and scenarios to do more than imitate. Actors must create
What You'll Learn:
Graduates of the Acting emphasis are able to:
- Research, Develop, and perform characters true to the essence of the text
- Exhibit effective memory in the performance of characters and content
- Demonstrate effectively the intent of beats and lines
- Identify and bring to life the event of the scene
- Cogently express the objective of the narrative and the arc of the narrative
- Utilize the body and voice as instruments for performance
- Differentiate between acting for stage and for the camera and demonstrate this effectively
- Work as a part of the whole, whether as the lead or as a bit player in the production
- Create dialogue, characters, action, and story in an improvisational setting
- Utilize the rehearsal process effectively and be effective in the absence of rehearsal
- Navigate the business of acting
Courses You'll Take:
If you're in the BFA Cinema program with an Acting Emphasis, you must take these additional six (6) courses:
You must also take three (3) of the following electives:
If you're in the BFA Cinema-Television program with an Acting Emphasis, you must take these additional seven (7) courses:
You must also take three (3) electives from the BFA Cinema elective list plus one (1) of the following:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At Columbia College Hollywood, we have it all, from our professional soundstages to the most current, industry standard equipment, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced
Interested in what you might create? Columbia College Hollywood students have countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From
Columbia College Hollywood was built by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern. It’s no small investment. Take a look at our tuition rates, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Production Insurance and Student Accident Insurance||$495.00||$495.00|
|Total Annual Tuition and Fees||$24,495.00||$12,495.00|