Acting is the physical embodiment of storytelling; the art of human reality. Actors must go beyond the mimicking of real emotions and scenarios to create not imitation, but
What You'll Learn:
- Research, Develop, and perform characters true to the essence of the text.
- Exhibit effective memory in the performance of characters and content.
- Demonstrate effectively the intent of “beats” and lines.
- Identify and bring to life the event of the scene.
- Cogently express the objective of the narrative and the arc of the narrative.
- Utilize their body and voice as instruments for performance.
- Differentiate between acting for stage and camera and demonstrate this effectively.
- Work as a part of the whole whether the lead or a bit player in the production.
- Create dialogue, characters, action and story in an improvisational setting.
- Utilize the rehearsal process effectively; be effective in the absence of rehearsal.
- Navigate the business of acting.
Courses You'll Take:
Each Student who chooses to emphasize Acting in a Cinema Major must take these additional six (6) courses:
Each student choosing an Acting Emphasis in a Cinema Major also must take three (3) of the following:
Students choosing an Acting Emphasis in a Cinema-TV Major must take these additional seven (7) courses:
Students choosing an Acting Emphasis in a Cinema-TV Major must take three (3) electives from the Cinema Major plus one (1) of the following:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art soundstages to the Red One MX Camera, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost:
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern when applying; it’s no small investment. So take a look at our pricing, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$105.00|
|Average Course Fees||$675.00||$450.00|
|Annual Tuition and Fees||$21,780.00||$14,100.00|