What You'll Learn:
- Use a wide array of cameras in multiple settings to achieve specific look and feel through the artistic use of light, frame rates, shutter angles, and, as it applies, film processing techniques.
- Use the terminology of the cinematography profession.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of cinematography in theory and practice.
- Assemble numerous camera packages – digital and film – for studio and location shoots.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with digital cameras and their collection of the digital image.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the 35mm format, and load and unload 16mm and 35mm cameras.
- Identify and utilize multiple means of camera movement.
- Use the Jib Arm, Fisher Dolly, dolly track, and other tools commonly employed in camera movement.
- Work as a member of a camera team.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge and ability to do color grading.
ADDITIONALLY, Cinema & TV MAJORS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Light effectively in a three-camera studio environment.
- Describe how electricity works.
- Light “on the run” with little prep time to accommodate the pace of non-fiction TV.
Courses You'll Take:
Each student who chooses an emphasis in Cinematography must take these five (5) classes:
In addition, students choosing an emphasis in Cinematography must take two (2) of the following courses:
All students choosing to work towards a combined Cinema-Television Bachelors degree must take all core classes – including Introduction to TV Production, which is a core class for combined majors, and these four (4) courses:
Additionally, students must take two (2) from the list for Cinema Majors PLUS two (2) from the following courses:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art soundstages to the Red One MX Camera, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career:
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern when applying; it’s no small investment. So take a look at our pricing, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$105.00|
|Average Course Fees||$675.00||$450.00|
|Annual Tuition and Fees||$21,780.00||$14,100.00|