What You'll Learn:
If you choose the Cinematography emphasis, you'll be able to:
- Use a wide array of cameras in multiple settings to achieve specific look and feel through the artistic use of light, frame rates, shutter angles, and film processing techniques
- Use the terminology of the cinematography profession
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of cinematography in theory and practice
- Assemble numerous camera packages – digital and film – for studio and location shoots
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with digital cameras and their collection of the digital image
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the 35mm format and in loading and unloading 16mm and 35mm cameras
- Identify and utilize multiple means of camera movement
- Use the Jib Arm, Fisher Dolly, dolly track, and other tools commonly employed in camera movement
- Work as a member of a camera team
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of and proficiency with color grading
If you're a pursuing a BFA Cinema-Television degree, you'll also be able to:
- Light effectively in a three-camera studio environment
- Describe how electricity works
- Light on the run with little prep time to accommodate the pace of non-fiction TV
Courses You'll Take:
If you're in the BFA Cinema program with a Cinematography Emphasis, you must take these five (5) courses:
You must also take two (2) of the following courses:
If you're working toward a BFA in Cinema-Television with a Cinematography Emphasis, you must take all core classes plus these four (4) required courses:
You must also take two (2) courses from the BFA Cinema list of electives PLUS two (2) of the following courses:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At Columbia College Hollywood, we have it all. From our professional soundstages to the most current industry-standard equipment, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced
Interested in what you might create? Columbia College Hollywood students have countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From
Columbia College Hollywood was started by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost
We know earning a college degree is no small investment. Take a look at our tuition, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Production Insurance and Student Accident Insurance||$495.00||$495.00|
|Total Annual Tuition and Fees||$24,495.00||$12,495.00|