Editors are the masters of time when it comes to the film world. They must simultaneously work with a creative eye and an analytical mind, piecing together cut after cut and scene after scene to create one cohesive masterpiece. A student pursuing an emphasis in editing and visual effects will have the ability to master the editing elements of time,
What You'll Learn:
Students who successfully complete an Editing/VFX Emphasis will be able to:
- Use key editing terms and principles, and demonstrate a basic comprehension of the dramatic reasons for the edit.
- Demonstrate mastery of the key elements of editing: time, pace, rhythm, and the visual & aural relationship.
- Perform sound post production with Pro Tools.
- Function as an assistant editor in a professional environment.
- Demonstrate a mastery with the Avid editing system.
- Create and properly use visual effects.
- Demonstrate different cutting techniques for narrative and nonfiction projects.
- Enhance a character’s development and flow of the overall story of a narrative film.
- Edit for different genres (i.e. horror, suspense, comedy).
- Communicate cogently and effectively in the post production process.
- Layer sound effects.
Courses You'll Take:
Additionally, each student who chooses to emphasize Editing-VFX must take:
In addition, each Editing-VFX emphasis student must take three (3) of the following:
Additionally, students must take three (3) from the list of electives for Cinema Majors PLUS one (1) of the following:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art soundstages to the Red One MX Camera, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost:
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern when applying; it’s no small investment. So take a look at our pricing, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$105.00|
|Average Course Fees||$675.00||$450.00|
|Annual Tuition and Fees||$21,780.00||$14,100.00|