Editors are the masters of time in the film world. They must simultaneously work with a creative eye and an analytical mind, piecing together cut after cut and scene after scene to create one cohesive masterpiece. When you choose the Editing + VFX emphasis, you'll acquire the skills and knowledge to master the central editing elements of time,
What You'll Learn:
When you graduate with an Editing + VFX emphasis, you'll be equipped to:
- Use key editing terms and principles and demonstrate a basic comprehension of the dramatic reasons for the edit
- Demonstrate mastery of the key elements of editing: time, pace, rhythm, and the visual & aural relationship
- Perform sound post production with Avid Pro Tools
- Function as an assistant editor in a professional environment
- Demonstrate a mastery with the Avid editing system
- Create and properly use visual effects
- Demonstrate different cutting techniques for narrative and nonfiction projects
- Enhance a character’s development and flow of the overall story of a narrative film.
- Edit for different genres, including horror, suspense, and comedy
- Communicate cogently and effectively in the post production process
- Layer sound effects
Courses You'll Take:
If you're in the BFA Cinema program with an Editing/VFX Emphasis, you must take the following six (6) courses:
You must also choose three (3) of the following electives:
If you're working toward a BFA in Cinema-Television with an Editing/VFX Emphasis, you must take the following courses:
You must also take three (3) courses from the BFA Cinema list of electives PLUS one (1) of the following:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At Columbia College Hollywood, we have it all. From our professional soundstages to the most current, industry-standard equipment, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced
Interested in what you might create? Columbia College Hollywood students have countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From
Columbia College Hollywood was built by the industry for the industry. That's why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost:
We know earning a college degree is no small investment. Take a look at our tuition, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Production Insurance and Student Accident Insurance||$495.00||$495.00|
|Total Annual Tuition and Fees||$24,495.00||$12,495.00|