In today’s society, we are surrounded by technology everywhere we go. Always attached to the screen of a computer or phone, it can be easy to forget that the videos we are watching, websites we are visiting, and apps we are exploring, were at some point just ideas in the mind of a creator. Those studying in New Media will be training to become those creators, taking their knowledge of film and putting into practice to tell stories in the smallest of explosive moments.
What You'll Learn:
Students who successfully complete the Cinema & TV New Media Emphasis will be able to:
- Create and launch web-based content.
- Use the terminology of and navigate the business of New Media.
- Write scripts geared for the aesthetic of New Media.
- Demonstrate adeptness in selling products, concepts, and content effectively no matter how short the time allotted.
- Design web sites that display current and potentially future trends.
- Create a narrative arc for a webisode series.
- Plan and execute production for a variety of New Media “screens.”
- “Tell a story” that disregards the “rules” of traditional narratives.
- Create and execute content for mobile devices and other non-traditional methods of delivery.
- Use “social media” to entertain, inform, and as a revenue source.
Courses You'll Take:
Students choosing the New Media Emphasis must take the following seven (7) courses:
In addition to required courses, students must take four (4) of the following electives:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art soundstages to the Red One MX Camera, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One good Looking Future. We want to help you turn your passion for New Media into more than just a hobby, we want you to live it day in and day out. Because doing what you love isn’t a want, it’s a necessity.
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.