Producers see it all. They understand that creating isn’t always easy. Ideas can’t come to life if they are barred by inadequate funds, improper settings, and legal rights. Producers keep their heads out of the clouds long enough to see the real world barriers that can keep a project on the ground for good. A student who studies producing will explore film from an in-depth business perspective, clearing the way for creative freedom.
What You'll Learn:
- Use the terminology and practices of the film, TV and emerging media industries.
- Navigate through those industries.
- Communicate with department heads and crew and be a strong producer whose can articulate a vision.
- Budget a feature film or TV project.
- Run a film and/or TV set.
- Identify potential legal issues related to film and TV production and distribution.
- Option material for potential visual execution.
- Pitch a property for potential visual execution.
- Critically analyze and assess properties for their literary value.
- Market, publicize, and promote a project in the entertainment industries.
ADDITIONALLY, C-TV MAJORS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate an ability to produce a weekly multi-camera TV series.
- Lead a team through a multi-camera production.
Courses You'll Take:
Each student who chooses to emphasize Producing: Production & Development must take the following:
Additionally, those who choose a Producing: Production & Development emphasis must take four (4) of the following:
Must take four (4) courses from the list for Cinema majors PLUS two (2) additional courses from the following:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art soundstages to the Red One MX Camera, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking F
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost:
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern when applying; it’s no small investment. So take a look at our pricing, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$105.00|
|Average Course Fees||$675.00||$450.00|
|Annual Tuition and Fees||$21,780.00||$14,100.00|