Sound designers and engineers are (ironically) the unsung heroes of
What You'll Learn:
Students who successfully complete a Sound Emphasis will be able to:
Use the terminology and carry out the practices of the film, TV and emerging media industries.
- Use Pro Tools to accomplish post production sound and music, when applicable.
- Assess the sound dynamics and needs of a production location while demonstrating how to get quality sound during principal photography.
- Demonstrate how to get a quality recording of ADR and foley in a recording studio.
- Budget the required production and post production sound and work within the specified allowance.
- Accomplish proficient sound design.
- Create dynamic sound effects that seem entirely natural to the audience.
- Work effectively with producers, directors and other creative voices on a project.
- Understand how music is used and place it as an element of the scene.
- Ensure the final sound mix of a film, television or related project.
ADDITIONALLY, CINEMA & TV MAJORS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Capture sound as the fast pace of TV production often requires.
- Create sound as a believable and foundational element for non-live-action.
Courses You'll Take:
Each student who chooses to emphasize Sound must take the following:
In addition, those who choose a Cinema / Sound Emphasis must take three (3) of the following:
All students choosing to work forwards a combined Cinema-TV BFA with a Sound Emphasis must take these six (6) courses:
Must take three (3) from the list for Cinema Majors PLUS one (1) additional from the following courses:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At CCH we have it all, from our state of the art
What Our Students Have Produced:
Interested in what you might create? At CCH we give our students countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking Future. We want to help you turn passion for sound into more than just a hobby, we want you to live it day in and day out. Because doing what you love isn’t a want, it’s a necessity.
Who You’ll Learn From:
CCH is a college made by the industry for the industry. That is why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost:
We know that the price of college can be a huge concern when applying; it’s no small investment. So take a look at our pricing, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$105.00|
|Average Course Fees||$675.00||$450.00|
|Annual Tuition and Fees||$21,780.00||$14,100.00|