Writers are the architects of
What You'll Learn:
- Plot a cogent and viable story and screenplay or teleplay
- Adapt to script notes and adjustments
- Create strong characters and be consistent with the qualities of those characters
- Write through the boundaries of character-driven television
- Execute what makes comic timing in writing
- Make non-visual source material cinematic
- Analyze and critically assess screenplays
- Utilize editing to set the pace and tone of a film.
- Describe what must be accomplished in Act One to make a great screenplay
- Identify the script differences in genres
- Pitch a property for potential visual exploitation
If you're working toward a BFA in Cinema-Television, you'll also be able to:
- Write a multi-camera TV project
- Work collaboratively in the TV writers room environment
- Write a structure to a nonfiction project after the production process is complete
- Use terminology and practices of TV and emerging media industries
Courses You'll Take:
If you're in the BFA Cinema program with a Writing Emphasis, you must take these five (5) courses:
You must also choose three (3) of the following elective courses:
If you're working toward a BFA Cinema-Television degree, you must take the following courses:
You must also take the electives required for the BFA Cinema program AND two (2) of the following elective courses:
Practice Like a Professional
If you want to be a professional you have to practice with professional grade equipment. At Columbia College Hollywood, we have it all. From our professional soundstages to the most current, industry-standard equipment, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
What Our Students Have Produced
Interested in what you might create? Columbia College Hollywood students have countless opportunities to show their skills. Check out some of their work below.
A short film about a woman baking a “special” treat for her husband on Valentine’s Day.
A documentary style short film by director Daniel Ruiz. The film takes viewers through a marine deployment to Iraq with a series of interviews.
Meet Antonio Castillo
Shot like a reality tv show, the short documents Antonio Castillo’s first steps in his transformation from shy and awkward to confident and in control.
Paper and Colored Pencils
Reggie is a young boy experiencing troubles at home. But when he is given an average art assignment, he learns more than he could have ever imagined.
How the Cookie Crumbles
An animated short about a cookie trying to unite with the ever popular glass of milk. He’ll make it, or crumble trying.
Akira’s Hip Hop Shop
All Akira is looking for is a new employee, but when he starts to fall for his new hire things get complicated.
Turn Your Passion Into a Career
Technical Skill + Business Know-How + A Crazy Creative Mind = One Good Looking Future. We want to help you turn writing into more than just a hobby. We want you to live it day in and day out. Because doing what you love isn’t a want, it’s a necessity.
Who You’ll Learn From
Columbia College Hollywood was built by the industry for the industry. That's why we hire industry professionals to teach you everything you need to know. Take a look at who might be teaching you.
What It’ll Cost
We know earning a college degree is no small investment. Take a look at our tuition, financial aid options, and scholarship opportunities. We are committed to helping you get on a path to success.
|Production Insurance and Student Accident Insurance||$495.00||$495.00|
|Total Annual Tuition and Fees||$24,495.00||$12,495.00|