Cinema and Television: The twin pillars of the entertainment industry. Those who pursue a BFA in Cinema-Television will be exposed to the filming methods of each avenue, becoming versatile storytellers. They will have the opportunity to explore film and television from a business, technical, and creative perspective, using professional equipment and industry-standard techniques to master their craft. Students will work toward creating a portfolio that showcases their skill and vision while demonstrating an understanding of the wider world.
Emphases:Those pursuing a BFA in Cinema-Television will have the opportunity to specialize in any of the fields below.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Critical thinking skills to accomplish the intended objectives in TV production, both multi and single camera, as well as filmmaking.
- Communication skills to create the mood and vision contributing to execution of the media project.
- Information literacy of significant theories and artistic movements in the field of cinema, television and emerging media.
- Employment of professional equipment and technical direction to the intended effect.
- Application of editing and other post-production applications to achieve the integrity of the visual plan.
- Writing skills to adapt plots, themes, and concepts from a variety of media, with translation to the project at hand.
- Ability to collaborate with others to accomplish the contracted goals of production.
- Appreciation for the history, contributions, and developments of the entertainment industry.
- Interpolation, evaluation and application of image control tools.
- Awareness of and appreciation for the business practices required to underwrite successful endeavors in film, television, and emerging alternatives