- Have a GPA of 3.00 or higher from high school or college
- Be accepted for enrollment in a Bachelor of Fine Arts program in Cinema at Columbia College Hollywood
To apply for the Artists Access Scholarship you must:
- Create and submit an "About Me" video (2 minutes max.)
- Submit a Personal Statement (500 words min. / 2 pages max.)
To receive a scholarship award, you must:
- Enroll as a full-time student (12-16 credit units)
- Attend the New Student Orientation on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 or Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Begin your studies on October 1, 2018
About Me Video Instructions
We are more interested in your creativity and storytelling ability than in the production value of your video submission. We want to know why you are the best candidate for a scholarship that will help you learn the art and craft of visual storytelling.
Please address the following questions in your “About Me” video so we can learn more about you:
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
- What kind of career are you interested in?
- Do you have any related experience? If so, what is it?
- What inspires you?
- What obstacles are you facing or have you overcome?
- Why did you choose to attend Columbia College Hollywood instead of other schools?
- What can you contribute to the Columbia College Hollywood creative community?
- Why should Columbia College Hollywood accept you over other applicants?
- Tell us about your favorite book or film.
Personal Statement Instructions
Write and submit a Personal Statement discussing your financial situation and why you have a specific financial need for tuition assistance. Please include information about how you will be paying your remaining tuition balance. Please discuss your estimated costs while you will be attending the program, including your rent and monthly living expenses. Your Personal Statement must be at least 500 words but no longer than 2 pages.