Application Deadline: June 2, 2017
To support the passionate and driven content creators of tomorrow, Columbia College Hollywood introduces the Fall Scholarship Program. The Fall Scholarship is awarded at a rate of $1,000 for each quarter and is applied toward the cost of Columbia College Hollywood tuition, up to a maximum amount of $16,000. To continue receiving scholarship disbursements after the first three quarters of attendance, you must continue as a full-time student and maintain a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.50.
If you are ready to make a commitment to life as an artist, storyteller, and filmmaker this summer, you can take advantage of up to $16,000 in scholarship funds by enrolling to start your Columbia College Hollywood education on October 2, 2017.
To be eligible for the Fall Scholarship Program you must:
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher at your high school or college.
- Apply and be accepted for enrollment in a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in Cinema or Cinema-Television at Columbia College Hollywood.
- Enroll as a full-time student (12-16 credit units).
- Attend the New Student Orientation on Wednesday, September 27,
2017or Thursday, September 28, 2017and begin studies on October 2, 2017.
- Create and submit a
two minute"About Me" video that tells us about your interests, and most important, your desire to be a filmmaker.
- Submit a Portfolio that showcases your creative potential.
About Me Video Instructions
We are more interested in your creativity and storytelling ability than in the production value of your video submission. We want to know why you are the best candidate for a scholarship that will help you learn the art and craft of visual storytelling.
Please address the following questions in your “About Me” video so we can learn more about you:
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
- What kind of career are you interested in?
- Do you have any related experience? If so, what is it?
- What inspires you?
- What obstacles are you facing or have you overcome?
- Why did you choose to attend Columbia College Hollywood instead of other schools?
- What can you contribute to the Columbia College Hollywood creative community?
- Why should Columbia College Hollywood accept you over other applicants?
- Tell us about your favorite book or film.
Your Portfolio can be submitted in the form
Portfolio Length: script submissions should no more than 15 pages maximum. Video submissions should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
Remember: the deadline for submissions is June 2, 2017. The Scholarship Committee will review the videos and contact winners by telephone.
The scholarship award is granted at a rate of $1,000 for each quarter you attend and is applied toward your tuition at CCH, up to a maximum amount of $16,000. To continue receiving scholarship disbursements after the first
The Fall Scholarship award is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. All scholarship funds awarded are applied directly to your student account at Columbia College Hollywood.
Fall Scholarship Program Application