The Greenlight Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded at the start of each quarter to a limited number of newly admitted students who are hardworking, passionate, and uniquely committed to life as visual storytellers, artists, and filmmakers.
This scholarship awards $1,000 per quarter up to a maximum of $16,000 and is renewable if the recipient continues as a full-time student and maintains a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
|Your Starting Quarter||Your Start Date||You must submit your application by:|
|Winter 2018||January 16, 2018||Friday, November 17, 2017|
|Spring 2018||April 9, 2018||Friday, March 2, 2018|
|Fall 2018||October 1, 2018||Friday, March 2, 2018|
|Summer 2018||July 9, 2018||Friday, May 4, 2018|
To be eligible for the Greenlight Scholarship you must:
- Have a GPA of 2.50 or higher from high school or college
- Be accepted for enrollment in a Bachelor of Fine Arts program in Cinema at Columbia College Hollywood
To apply for the Greenlight Scholarship you must:
- Create and submit an About Me Video (2 minutes max.)
- Submit a Creative Sample of your original work
To receive a scholarship award, you must:
- Enroll as a full-time student (12-16 credit units)
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Begin your studies on the first day of classes
About Me Video Instructions
We are more interested in your creativity and storytelling ability than in the production value of your video submission. We want to know why you are the best candidate for a scholarship that will help you learn the art and craft of visual storytelling.
Please address the following questions in your About Me Video so we can learn more about you:
- Who are you?
- Where are you from?
- What kind of career are you interested in?
- Do you have any related experience? If so, what is it?
- What inspires you?
- What obstacles are you facing or have you overcome?
- Why did you choose to attend Columbia College Hollywood instead of other schools?
- What can you contribute to the Columbia College Hollywood creative community?
- Tell us about your favorite book or film.
Creative Sample Instructions
Your Creative Sample can be submitted in the form of a short film, original script, acting reel, storyboard, or other creative project utilizing storytelling or media production related software, such as Final Cut Pro or Logic Pro, Avid Media Composer or ProTools, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Premiere or After Effects, or iMovie.
- Video submissions should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Script submissions should no more than 15 pages maximum, submitted in a Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Remember to pay close attention to scholarship deadlines. The Scholarship Committee will review the videos and contact scholarship recipients by telephone.
The Greenlight Scholarship award is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. All scholarship funds awarded are applied directly to your student account at Columbia College Hollywood.