Columbia College Hollywood is committed to a transfer credit policy that is fair, flexible, and student-friendly. We encourage you to request credit for all courses successfully completed at another accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Transfer Credit Criteria
The following criteria is used to evaluate courses and credits successfully completed at prior institutions:
- Courses to be transferred are comparable in scope and content to courses offered by Columbia College Hollywood
- Course credits to be transferred were successfully completed with a grade of C or higher
You may be instructed to provide the following official documentation about a course you wish to transfer:
- The course description from your prior institution’s catalog or syllabus
- Your prior institution's accreditation
- Your prior institution's credit system (quarter or semester)
- Your prior institution’s grading scale or system. If your prior institution used other than a letter-grading or point system method, such as Pass/Fail or High Honors/Honors, the institution’s grading scale must explicitly identify the minimum passing grade and criteria used to determine a passing grade
Transfer Credit Limits
If you're applying for a Bachelor of Fine Arts program, you may transfer no more than 144 total credits from a prior institution. If you're applying for an Associate of Fine Arts program, you may transfer no more than 72 total credits from a prior institution.
There is no guarantee that transfer credit will be approved or awarded. We also may not be able to approve transfer credits for courses requiring current, up-to-date knowledge of trends, technology, software, and/or hardware.